WIngnuts behind creationism

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WIngnuts behind creationism

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:29 pm

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here, Cathy. I don't think I''m in a position to comment on the Femen's inner motives but they certainly are very brave in pressing their issues the way they do. Look hwat happened to them in Russia. If they just wanted to expose themselves for fun, there are far safer ways to do it. Whether it benefits or hinders feminism I don't know. Anyway, trespass by unclothed women isn't the image that "mosque invasion" conjours up - I was thinking of a couple of dozen burly louts.
As for linking Dawkins to Bare Naked Islam (which turns out not to be protesting women after all) Dawkins idd not contribute to the site: it simply reproduced his tweets in which he says that he considers putting an 18 year old in gaol for 12 months for a nonviolent act is unreasonable. Of course she shouldn't have done it but the sentence seems unfair for an idiotic act and his comparison with other, unpunished, offensive acts is surely a valid point.
The last link in your post seems to be broken, btw.
Perhaps we should all agree to end this thread here - we could go on forever and it is off-topic. Unless, of course, Sheriff Alistair Noble turns out to be Dr. Alistair Noble of C4ID, which I doubt, :)
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Free For All