Latest C14 results prove dinosaurs are not millions of years

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Latest C14 results prove dinosaurs are not millions of years

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Well, not really.

Just received this mailshot from CMI. Can't work out who's lying, CMI or Vance Nelson of Creation "Truth" Ministries:

New breath-taking book just released!
The evidence will stun you, your family and friends!
Get a sneak peek of this new book

Vance Nelson's coffee table book Flood Fossils, in his Untold Secrets of Planet Earth series, is a truly amazing book that for the first time documents Noah's Flood through stunning photographic fossil evidence from around the world. His 237 evidence photos will not only amaze you, but soundly refutes fossilization theories held by many scientists and evolutionists

Untold Secrets of Planet Earth: Flood Fossils
This is the new companion to the Dire Dragons dinosaur book in the same series. A superb layout and stunning images combine with a fascinating subject to show how the evolutionary explanation of fossils is not sustainable. The book covers evidence of fast fossil formation, the preservation of soft tissues within fossils, plastic deformation of sedimentary strata and the large bones they sometimes contain, and groundbreaking laboratory results from the carbon dating of dinosaur bones. Also included is a long section on Noah’s Ark, the way the Bible describes it, and possible modern sightings of it on Mt. Ararat.

Only £19.50

The sneak preview:

http://creation.com/flood-fossils-book? ... ign=emails

Vance Nelson's website:

http://creationtruthministries.org/
Peter Henderson

C14 results prove dinos are not millions of years old :)

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Peter

I've just seen my own copy of that lying CMI 'supporter' email claiming they have proof from claimed finds of carbon 14 that dinosaurs are not millions of years old. I found it so disgustingly false that I forwarded the email to the BCSE committee for information in case someone might wish to blog about it.

The headline on the CMI email is 'Latest carbon-14 results prove dinosaur bones are NOT millions of years old'. I am satisfied that CMI are deliberately making a false statement. I expect there are lies in that Vance book too (I have no wish to read it to double check).

Ashley

(Apparently the severe pain I've been in some of the time - I finally have some proper painkillers - does not mean I am actually 'ill' and need to go to hospital for a few days.)
a_haworthroberts

Re: Latest C14 results prove dinosaurs are not millions of y

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Probably all the usual stuff about soft tissue. red blood cells in dinosaur fossils etc. which has been debunked over and over again. Cerainly not a stunning scientific discovery.

At one time Vance Nelson was selling "fossilised" teddy bears.
Peter Henderson

Postby Roger Stanyard » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Well, not really.

Just received this mailshot from CMI. Can't work out who's lying, CMI or Vance Nelson of Creation "Truth" Ministries:

I recaqll this person from some way back, According to his web site he has "two earned degrees. He earned a theology degree from Taylor University College in 1997 (Bachelor of Religion with a specialization in Christian ministry). Vance then went on to earn a Biology degree in 2002."

Bit of a problem there as there appears to to be no such institution as Taylor University College offering accredited degrees on 1997. Moreover, where did he get his biology degree from? Why does he have to tell everyone his degress are "earned"?
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby cathy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Cos he earned the cash to buy them working at McDonalds perhaps?
cathy

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 pm

One of these charlatans cannot spell:
http://www.untoldsecretsofplanetearth.com/home.html
"in plain site".
Spain maybe?
a_haworthroberts

Return to Free For All