mega creation conference in birmingham

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

mega creation conference in birmingham

Postby cathy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Oh joy of joys girls and boys, look what is coming to Brum :( :( :(
Thursday 4 – Saturday 6 September 2014, Together for Truth: Mega Conference 2014, Bethel Convention Centre, Birmingham. With Ken Ham, John Mackay, Ray Comfort and Stephen Lloyd.

Guess I've got no excuses at all for not trying to go to that if it is free. Or at least seeing which churches locally sign up for it.
cathy

Re: mega creation conference in birmingham

Postby IgnoreThisTest » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm

What a bunch
IgnoreThisTest

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:26 pm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/outreac ... conference
Who is the person saying that West Bromwich is 'Birmingham'? Not if we are talking local education authorities it isn't (Sandwell I'm reminded).
I wonder whether the Express and Star or Birmingham Post/Mail newspapers will decide to pay them a visit.
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby cathy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:15 am

West Bromwich is the Black Country not brum phew. Only worth visiting for the Black Country Museum, Ikea And Dudley zoo if it's still there. On the last trip it were looking a bit sad. The zoo not ikea or the museum both of which are great.

Anyway it's too far away to be an easy trip. Interesting that it's not bham given the line up. Big names in there small creationist pond.
cathy

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm

cathy wrote:Oh joy of joys girls and boys, look what is coming to Brum :( :( :(
Thursday 4 – Saturday 6 September 2014, Together for Truth: Mega Conference 2014, Bethel Convention Centre, Birmingham. With Ken Ham, John Mackay, Ray Comfort and Stephen Lloyd.

Guess I've got no excuses at all for not trying to go to that if it is free. Or at least seeing which churches locally sign up for it.

You forgot about Paul Garner, Andy McIntosh, and Brian Edwards.

Oh, and Stuart Burgess.

Now that really is Mega :)
Peter Henderson

Postby mathunt » Tue May 13, 2014 10:04 pm

I want to go to this for the bizarreness of it all, it'll cost my but I was wondering if I wrote a full report on it for the BCSE....

Mat
mathunt

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm

mathunt wrote:I want to go to this for the bizarreness of it all, it'll cost my but I was wondering if I wrote a full report on it for the BCSE....

Mat

That would be a great idea Mat!
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
mathunt wrote:I want to go to this for the bizarreness of it all, it'll cost my but I was wondering if I wrote a full report on it for the BCSE....

Mat

That would be a great idea Mat!

I think Mat is hoping for some financial reimbursement from the BCSE if he does this (the conference is not free and he would need to travel to and from West Bromwich)? (I would certainly read his reports of this 'mega' event.) I am assuming that perhaps the current BCSE committee members (who apart from Brian irregularly visit this forum these days) should perhaps this discuss this issue with him privately - indeed for all I know perhaps that is already happening.
a_haworthroberts

Postby mathunt » Thu May 15, 2014 5:58 am

I did the same thing with a CMI talk. There was many things wrong obviously. The birmingham conference would be a very interesting experience compared to the science conferences I usually attend.
mathunt

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 15, 2014 8:10 pm

mathunt wrote:I did the same thing with a CMI talk. There was many things wrong obviously. The birmingham conference would be a very interesting experience compared to the science conferences I usually attend.

A talk given in Bristol if I recall correctly.
a_haworthroberts

Postby mathunt » Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Bath, rather than Bristol.
mathunt

Return to Free For All