YEC lying propaganda alert

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

YEC lying propaganda alert

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:58 pm

a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC lying propaganda alert

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Zoon on RatSkep points out:
They haven't even got the mythology right, Achilles' mother was the nymph Thetis, not the goddess Athene.
I'm not sure which bit of publicity or trailer Zoon's referring to. It's not visible on the linked text but may be in the trailer - I've better things to do than listen to creationist propaganda. Alternatively, they may have deleted his mother's name in a silent admission of error.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:17 pm

The link reached me via the latest of those 'supporter' emails CMI send me every couple of weeks or so (even though I have never told them I support them and merely purchased a book via CMI). Though I now see that the same three minute video - which I assume is new - can be viewed on the CMI website at:
http://creation.com/evolutions-achilles-heels

I started a new thread because I was rushing a bit and could not readily locate the other thread(s) where the 'Evolution's Achilles' Heels' campaign has previously been discussed. (I recall Peter recently suggesting that the campaign might have run into financial difficulties due to supporters not forking out sufficient dough.)

EDIT - I've now found the most recent thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3429
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:47 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote: (I recall Peter recently suggesting that the campaign might have run into financial difficulties due to supporters not forking out sufficient dough.)
Ah, so that's what they're going to use instead of pitch! Hope they keep those seven weevils under close confinement!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to Free For All