Liar for Jesus - Ray Comfort

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Liar for Jesus - Ray Comfort

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 am

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 99481.html
https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort

"A Los Angeles filmmaker who produced a 36-minute documentary on evolution, is taunting Richard Dawkins to come out of hiding and address his flock because he says they are "in tatters" after seeing his movie." LIE

"Ray Comfort, the movie's producer, says that none of the four professors can provide any scientific evidence for evolution." LIE
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ittle-man/ (obviously I have not heard the actual words of Myers to Comfort)

Also in his propaganda movie (the sequences that survived the process of editing), Comfort did not specifically ASK for 'scientific' evidence - he asked for something 'observable' in the here and now ie something that does not require any measure of faith.

""The professor can easily debunk the movie by coming out publicly and giving scientific evidence for evolution, but he won't, because he can't."" LIE

""This is because there isn't any, as we clearly show in the movie."" LIE

""Thousands of furious atheists have vented their anger on YouTube because they can't provide scientific evidence for the theory, and they desperately need an affirming word from above."" LIE

""When a young lady recently produced a YouTube clip that tried to do what he should be doing by debunking it, Dawkin's tweeted that 'she talks sense.'" Then he said of Comfort "[He] won't know what hit him and he won't like it." Comfort tweeted back that nothing "hit" him and he "liked" and promoted her clip on his own Facebook page well before Dawkins did."
THIS is how Comfort responded to the Glenn video on his Facebook page recently:
""Here’s an atheist who does a very interesting point-by-point review of “Evolution vs. God,” saying that it made her depressed. I can understand why.
A number of times she says that there’s "tons" and "mountains" of evidence, but all she offers as her best observable evidence for Darwinian evolution is birds changing into birds and salamanders changing in salamanders. She moves on to the “nothing made every because nothing is something” silliness (which she says she doesn’t understand but she still believes—has faith that it’s true).
She compares observable aging changes in human beings (70 years) with evolution’s 60,000,000 years, without batting an eyelid. She also has insider-information that we parted with chimps 6,000,000 years ago, adding that there is “a very tiny number of differences” in chimp and human genes—her very tiny number amounts to several hundred million bases. But it really gets bad when she talks about a fossil being found in the wrong place. Watch for that one.
Of course, she begins by saying that man modified the shape of the banana—which isn’t true. The guy that started that belief used a picture of a modern banana to show the shape of bananas 5,000 years ago (it must have surprised him that nobody mentioned that they didn’t have cameras 5,000 years ago).
Feel free to “like” this video. I did. It’s a great promo for the movie (she even preaches the gospel and quotes Scripture. God bless her)."
Thus Comfort, rather than 'promote' the Glenn video, attempted to debunk it. (His response contains sleight of hand; Comfort pretends that only 'observable' evidence can possibly be scientific and valid, and pretends that Jaclyn's points about genetics and about the ageing process count for nothing.)

"... because he is bankrupt of scientific evidence to back up his flimsy beliefs". LIE

If Dawkins ignores this silly man, as he deserves since nobody that I have heard about is in 'tatters' and their faith in evolution as science 'shaken' because of this unscientific vox pop of a movie, the silly man who produced it will claim "the professor can easily debunk the movie by coming out publicly and giving scientific evidence for evolution, but he won't, because he can't". I suspect that Dawkins probably WILL ignore Comfort's challenge, though I can't be sure.

Also pl see a comment by YEC Jonathan Sarfati here:
http://creation.com/natural-selection-evolution
"Actually, this is one of the problems I have with a small minority of creationists (not in CMI) that object to natural selection. They inadvertently send the message that this real process of differential reproduction is something owned and explainable exclusively by evolutionists, and this is just not so!"
I believe he has Ray Comfort in mind, as Comfort denies speciation and presumably questions the reality of natural selection too?
See also: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... y-comfort/

I am posting the link to this on Comfort's Facebook page, since he appears to allow some criticisms there and may even respond either there or - possibly - here.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Liar for Jesus - Ray Comfort

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 am

a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 am

Discussing Comfort's drivel is a waste of time. He is, in effect, demanding that people produce a crocoduck.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:05 pm

a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 am

Richard Dawkins on Twitter: "Banana Man, I "came out of hiding" in 11 books since 1976. But you don't have to read them. Spell your way through any child's Bio textbook" (he also asked in a separate tweet "Where did the money come from to make your dopey video?")
Ray Comfort on Facebook: "He’s tweeted twice today about the movie. The Professor is in a panic."
Comfort has got what he wanted - some attention from Dawkins.

Meanwhile: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... y-comfort/ (video contains strong language)
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:30 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/08/21/ray-comfort-sinks-to-new-depths-of-pathos/

I think Ray Comfort is the least of Myers' problems right now.
Peter Henderson

Re: Ray Comfort

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:50 pm

No - not a spoof (flagged at Sensuous Curmudgeon blog but the link there would not work for me):
http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/watch-evolut ... rys-proof/
a_haworthroberts

Re: Ray Comfort

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:23 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:No - not a spoof (flagged at Sensuous Curmudgeon blog but the link there would not work for me):
http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/watch-evolut ... rys-proof/
Yes, they reckon the Snake Oil's selling well.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Biased rather bigoted article about the latest antics of a serial liar YEC Christian based in the US of A:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08 ... d-dawkins/
I suppose he thinks that because preaching the gospel as required by the Bible requires armtwisting and trying to scare people or make them feel guilty and confused, therefore Comfort is OK to do all these things. He isn't.
I've added a comment under where he posts this article on his own Facebook page:
"You appear to have delusions of grandeur Mr Comfort. Your propagandist film tells us nothing we did not already know about the theory of evolution. Richard Dawkins, I am certain, is not panicked by it".
Comfort is a science hater - because science is anti-thetical to YEC presuppositional apologetics and its general air of arrogance.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Mr Comfort is lying and libelling again on his Facebook page:

"Manny Panning Said: “Prof. Richard Dawkins doesn't hide when confronted by Evolution vs. God, he just refuses to waste his time legitimizing your incoherent ramblings..."
Ray Answers: Why then has he tweeted about the movie five times? He's in a panic, hiding behind young girls who do his answering for him. It's time for him to man-up, come into the public and refute "Evolution vs. God." But he won't, because he can't. He's a deceiver who has deceived millions into believing that a bogus science is legitimate."
a_haworthroberts

Postby cathy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Ray Answers: Why then has he tweeted about the movie five times? He's in a panic, hiding behind young girls who do his answering for him. It's time for him to man-up, come into the public and refute "Evolution vs. God." But he won't, because he can't. He's a deceiver who has deceived millions into believing that a bogus science is legitimate

Aside from the fact it takes one to know one and Ray Comfort is a deceiver par excellence - if you have an IQ struggling to crawl into double figures that is - what young girls is he referring to. I know Dawkins is a bit of an old school sexist but I don't think he's moved into page three territory yet? Or am I missing something here?
cathy

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:47 pm

cathy wrote:
Ray Answers: Why then has he tweeted about the movie five times? He's in a panic, hiding behind young girls who do his answering for him.

Aside from the fact it takes one to know one and Ray Comfort is a deceiver par excellence - if you have an IQ struggling to crawl into double figures that is - what young girls is he referring to.
Doesn't matter - any young girl could refute Bananaman's nonsense - probably before she's started school. Well, until she starts school, if she's sent to a creationist nut-house.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:56 pm

cathy wrote:
Ray Answers: Why then has he tweeted about the movie five times? He's in a panic, hiding behind young girls who do his answering for him. It's time for him to man-up, come into the public and refute "Evolution vs. God." But he won't, because he can't. He's a deceiver who has deceived millions into believing that a bogus science is legitimate

Aside from the fact it takes one to know one and Ray Comfort is a deceiver par excellence - if you have an IQ struggling to crawl into double figures that is - what young girls is he referring to. I know Dawkins is a bit of an old school sexist but I don't think he's moved into page three territory yet? Or am I missing something here?

He's referring to Jaclyn Glenn and her recent videos.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:58 pm

As posted by Comfort on his Facebook page today (where critical comments appear not to be censored):

"Someone Said: "The Earth is never going to be 6.9 billion years old. Maybe 4.542 billion years old. But never 6.9."
Ray Answers: Science has changed its mind 11 times in the last hundred years about the age of the earth. In 100 years’ time they will laugh at what believers believe about its age nowadays."

He certainly knows how to provoke a storm of comments and debate!
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:As posted by Comfort on his Facebook page today (where critical comments appear not to be censored):

"Someone Said: "The Earth is never going to be 6.9 billion years old. Maybe 4.542 billion years old. But never 6.9."
Ray Answers: Science has changed its mind 11 times in the last hundred years about the age of the earth. In 100 years’ time they will laugh at what believers believe about its age nowadays."

He certainly knows how to provoke a storm of comments and debate!
He wishes!
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Next

Return to Free For All