Britain First ?

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Britain First ?

Postby cathy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Someone linked to a photo (which I considered to be racist) on Facebook which I traced back to this organisation:

Good grief Peter, all I seem to get on facebook are endless pictures of cups of coffee, videos of performing cats and footy updates/opinions of the uninformed variety and news that a friend has killed a mint imperial on Candy Crush Sage - whatever that may be.

Along with updates on the no more page three campaign, horrific stuff from amnesty international and zumba updates from our gay, ex UKIP councillor all because I excitedly made the mistake of pressing like to everything that came up when I first joined. About 20 years after the rest of the world in January.

Then again, cos I joined so late to see what my kids were up to (and play scrabble with the world heh heh) I didn't bother to tell many people so I only seem to have 8 friends. And they are the amongst the ones I see regularly enough to have told on the day I joined. I think I've joined twitter too but I'm not sure where it went :( . Shame being opinionated it might suit, though brevity wouldn't.

I can send you some links to a cat nursing some ducklings or playing the piano instead?
Last edited by cathy on Mon May 12, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cathy

Postby cathy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:11 pm

YEC Cecil Andrews stood for UKIP in the last assembly elections but was unsuccessful (losing his deposit).

They have a frighteningly high presence here. Nearly got run over by one of their vans today, they have hoardings everywhere and have sent me enough leaflets to line the rabbits poo tray for the next three years. Today for the first time I got my leaflets from Labour, Tory and Lib Dems. What the hell are they playing at? Nothing!

They did quite well in our council elections. Including my Zumba instructor Mr J who stood. He, however has left them in a high profile manner over their stance on gay marriage. Bizarrely he hadn't noticed they were a homophobic party, even more bizarrely they hadn't noticed he was gay.
cathy

Postby cathy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Uniformed far right groups in the UK now a reality:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 52271.html

I suspect it is the inevitable result of the recession. When poverty and inequality increase I've always noticed an the fanatics and loonies suddenly get supporters and a voice. :(
cathy

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Britain First make UKIP look like moderates Cathy.
Peter Henderson

Postby Roger Stanyard » Tue May 13, 2014 9:43 am

Peter Henderson wrote:Uniformed far right groups in the UK now a reality:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 52271.html

It's a splinter group from the BNP; the ideologues always end up hating each other.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue May 13, 2014 6:46 pm

MODERATOR NOTE
This is getting further off-topic, folks, and increasingly political. I don't suppose many of these people would recognise Bishop Ussher if he rose up and hit them in the face! (Sorry MIchael, struggling for a metaphor.)
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Free For All