Dirty secret of Evolutionary theory?

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dirty secret of Evolutionary theory?

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:03 am

Even Marc wasn't banned and left of his own accord.

However, skepticalOne was behaving in a very similar way which is why everyone got suspicious.

It should also be pointed out that one of the main proponents of intelligent design, Michael Behe, accepts both common descent and an ancient Earth.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:03 am

"The challenge was to quote the post that actually indicates creationist sympathies or admit that there is no such quote ...".

I do not recall reading any such quote from SkepticalOne.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 am

SkepticalOne wrote:
Still won't clear up the mess you created, will you.

I would characterize it as the mess you have created, Roger. This assertion is supported by the quotes I have provided. I am merely asking you to do the same. Provide evidence for your position instead of perpetually evading my challenge to you. I have made it clear that I will reveal my position on the age of the earth and creationism as soon as you do so. Your refusal (read inability) to do so is what is slowing things down here.

Is SkepticalOne saying that Roger must admit to jumping to conclusions about SkepticalOne that weren't based on any expressed opinions and could be wrong, before he will tell us his 'position' on the age of the Earth (which Peter asked about very early on)?

This is not a one on one debate, it is a community forum.

Skeptical One may be an evolutionist but if he is he seems unaware of how his (anonymous) behaviour here may raise questions in others' minds, and seems rather unwilling to dispel such questions.
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 am

I have only just read SkepticalOne's post timed at 8.05 am BST on 29 April ie not before making my preceding postings.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:23 am

Peter Henderson wrote:Even Marc wasn't banned and left of his own accord.

However, skepticalOne was behaving in a very similar way which is why everyone got suspicious.

It should also be pointed out that one of the main proponents of intelligent design, Michael Behe, accepts both common descent and an ancient Earth.

Compromiser!
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Free For All