YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 pm

I had to rush some of my preceding posts. Some have been edited, with more added - but now final.
a_haworthroberts

Postby cathy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:22 pm

That nice - but cowardly - Bob Sorensen is now making insulting comments on his (twice amended) blog post about me (OK I have admitted 'stalking' him a bit by emails, at Amazon.com and by liking certain posts by others on his facebook page - as well as flagging his often ranting blogs here) but also now about both CATHY, MARK and ROGER. http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

Perhaps Bob can link to some of the questions put to creationists here and then answer them rather than cherry picking. Tho I don't think his unamed informant would want to do that.

Tho I stand by what I said. I do not want the nasty lies of unpleasant creationists near my children or anyones children. I feel so sorry for the children of creationists especially those that home school their children so that they never get the chance to learn anything, never get the chance to engage in any level of critical thinking and only learn to hate others as Bob seems to. Wonder will he link to this? If so there are lots of questions on here about creationism that our resident creationist never answered - you're more than welcome to print those on your blog and answer them for us.
cathy

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:32 pm

The following widely copied email has just been sent to Mr Sorensen:

"
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ciple.html (blog post of 11 Dec)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=15 (thread started on 13 Dec)
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html (Bob's - twice extended - blog post of 21 Dec)

If this is not of interest, please delete it!

But I am PUBLICLY challenging Bob - who is today not only libelling myself on his blog but also three others who post at the (public) British Centre for Science Education community forum - to add a LINK (the second link above) to his blog page. So that his followers can EXAMINE the thread he is drawing attention in its ENTIRETY, if they wish to, and check whether his blog posts about myself actually stand up to scrutiny.

I have this evening clarified the TWO reasons WHY I started the BCSE thread about Mr Sorensen on 13 December - after reading his blog post two days earlier.

He has accused me on his blog of 'lying' and of not leaving him 'alone' (in the two or three weeks or so running up to 11 December). But I did not try to contact him by email about any of his blogs or Facebook comments - such emails have normally been copied to others - in that particular period.

Note that at the BCSE community forum - unlike at Bob's blogs - there is a RIGHT OF REPLY.

Nobody 'owns' the BCSE community forum. Young Earth creationists sometimes post there.

Other YECs may wish to consider whether Bob's blog posts, when they publicly libel critics (not all of whom are rude or 'absurd'), are a good advert for their Christian beliefs.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts"
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 am

Bob has now - having seen tonight's comments here - made a further, pathetic, attempt to show that I have lied. By adding some more material to his 20 Dec blog post (which I have photographed). Bob has also DUCKED my challenge to post, for his readers' benefit, a link to THIS community forum thread. I have just sent the following further email:

"Has Bob responded to my challenge below?

No, he has not. Because he does not want his fans to view the BCSE Community Forum - where I tell the TRUTH about him.

INSTEAD - after he has seen my comments of Saturday night to the BCSE community forum thread (which include my email below) - he has added some nonsense to his 20 (not 21) December blog. See the attached photo.

In response to the text in the photo, and the two links:
Bob evasively lied about whales' vestigial bones and libelled the critic as a 'troll' in his blog of 11 Dec. My comment was correct. Also, I have never denied 'stalking' Bob a little during part of the autumn - he keeps mentioning my open admission of this! Yet in his further text, on the photo, he posts to links to places where he claims to have documented dishonesty on my part. So let's look at those links. On the FIRST link he accused me of 'spamming' and falsely accused me of 'blackmail'. He did NOT show any lies on my part. On the SECOND link he complained about me e mailing him, said I had made some assumptions, and referred to 'off-topic harassment' (at Amazon.com in the early autumn). Again, he did NOT show any lies or dishonesty on my part.

I suggest that Bob CANNOT show that I have ever lied to him or about him. And he won't - so far - let his readers decide for themselves by viewing the BCSE thread!

If you don't believe me, please take a look and decide for yourselves.

The PROBLEM here appears to be that Bob will not tolerate any criticism of his blogs or Facebook postings. Why is that?

LET YOUR READERS VIEW THE BCSE COMMUNITY FORUM, BOB. LET THEM DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES.

I criticise Bob in places where he can respond - but he cowardly FAILS to do so.

He criticises me in places where I CANNOT respond, and in addition does not enable his fans to view the BCSE thread - where he has failed to respond to my comments, presumably because he knows that they are ACCURATE. Note that on his final screenshot added to the 20 Dec blog he deliberately SCRUBBED OUT a reference to the BCSE community forum. See http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

I have nothing to hide.

If Bob has nothing to hide he will flag the BCSE community forum thread on his blog. If he has something to hide, he will not.

I do not claim that ALL YECs behave like Bob. Though I have been censored by Your Origins Matter (part of the ICR), by Tas Walker and by Tony Breeden. And Jonathan Sarfati said online that I was "not very scientific" but refused to acknowledge my detailed review of his book at Amazon.com: http://www.lineoffireradio.com/2011/08/ ... /#comments (post 54)

A H-R"
a_haworthroberts

My challenge to Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:39 am

COME AND JOIN US IN THIS THREAD BOB, AND SHOW ME PRECISELY HOW AND WHEN I HAVE LIED EITHER TO YOU OR ABOUT YOU - AS YOU CLAIM HERE (YOU HAVE ADDED SEVERAL SCREENSHOTS TO/ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY FORUM TO YOUR BLOG, BUT ARE DELIBERATELY NOT, SO FAR, TELLING YOUR READERS WHICH WEBSITE CONTAINS THE THREAD DISCUSSING YOUR BLOGS): http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

AND THEN POST A LINK TO THIS THREAD ON YOUR BLOG - SO THAT YOUR FOLLOWERS CAN VIEW THIS WHOLE THREAD SHOULD THEY WISH TO.
a_haworthroberts

My challenge to Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:41 am

Come on now Bob, this is only an internet discussion forum not a face to face debate, don't be shy now.

Good Night All.
a_haworthroberts

Re: My challenge to Bob Sorensen

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Come on now Bob, this is only an internet discussion forum not a face to face debate, don't be shy now.

Good Night All.

Ashley, I don't understand why you bother with Bob Sorensen. Nobody is listening to him and he isn't very bright, even by the standards of creationists. As Mark points out, it is difficult to conclude that he's for real.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:Come on now Bob, this is only an internet discussion forum not a face to face debate, don't be shy now.

Good Night All.

Ashley, I don't understand why you bother with Bob Sorensen. Nobody is listening to him and he isn't very bright, even by the standards of creationists. As Mark points out, it is difficult to conclude that he's for real.

Probably because he has repeatedly lied about me in his blog posts and won't help people access this thread to see what has really occurred since 11 December in particular. He has repeatedly called me a 'troll' yet all I did was email him, comment on a review he posted at Amazon.com, and 'like' several posts by others on his Facebook page. I have never posted anything on his Facebook page - and no comments are allowed under his blogs.

Sadly, he is all too real - even if on another continent.

His online dishonesty where he also names me does not upset me. But I would like some of his apparent fans, and also those he has banned, to be able to compare this whole thread with the snippets from it which he flags - and then spins to suit his particular purposes.

Of course there is no question that he will ever identify this thread on his blog!

If he had nothing to hide, and if I had really been lying to or about him, he would already have done so (he's been posting on Facebook today and I am sure that he will have seen my latest comments here).

The man will not engage in scientific debate. He merely posts anti-evolutionary propaganda as 'fact'.

If he ceases libelling me, or calling me a liar on his blog, I will let this thread die a death.

The ball is in his court.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Ashley, he's a prat, not worth a millisecond of your time
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:26 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
Probably because he has repeatedly lied about me in his blog posts and won't help people access this thread to see what has really occurred since 11 December in particular. He has repeatedly called me a 'troll' yet all I did was email him, comment on a review he posted at Amazon.com, and 'like' several posts by others on his Facebook page. I have never posted anything on his Facebook page - and no comments are allowed under his blogs.

Ashley, it doesn't matter. He's an obscure one man band who has decided in his 50s that he is going to save the world. He's too old to be serious. One man bands don't work and he doesn't have the brains or the experience of life to recognise it. He has the intellectual age of the average 18 year old but thinks he's clever.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 am

It is a waste of time and one's life to argue with certain people, unless one can encourage the others.
Michael

YEC Bob Sorensen - UNREPENTANT LIAR

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am

My email just now:

"
http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
"Note to all: Since Ashley Haworth-Roberts is a cowardly troll without the courage of his convictions, giving a "Like" to comments that are foolish, illogical, hateful and so forth, it is an automatic death sentence for the comments from now on. He said that he was banned from this Page, yet created his account *after* he made that lie. He cannot be bothered to actually comment himself."

Please see the photo attached. (I now see that three anonymous people - who either assume Bob tells the truth or else enjoy lies - have already 'liked' his comment.)

I have courage in my conviction that (a) young Earth creationists like Bob LIE about science. And that (b) Bob Sorensen is a rather nasty individual towards those who challenge or criticise his Facebook comments and blog posts in ANY way.

As I have made clear previously, I have never ever used Facebook to make any posts. I simply have 'liked' some posts made on YEC pages in the past couple of months or so. I suggest that Bob asks Facebook to VERIFY this. See also http://www.facebook.com/ashley.haworthroberts

Bob's claim about me that "He said that he was banned from this Page" is a DIRTY LIE.

I have never been banned from ANY Facebook page.

I didn't realise just HOW dishonest, malicious and frankly foolish Bob is. But he clearly wants his followers to think he is some kind of hero who is hated because he is 'right'. But he is DECEIVING his followers. Why, I do not know.

And the 'coward' here is not me, it is BOB.

He has called me a liar on his blogs, where there is no right of reply. I SHOWED in my two emails below that HE was lying when accusing me of lying. I challenged him to come onto the BCSE Community Forum and prove me wrong. He FAILED to do so. And he has repeatedly whined about the BCSE thread about him, whilst deliberately hiding its URL from his followers - lest they should happen to see the FULL story of Bob's dishonest and libellous behaviour. And my crime towards him? Criticising his blogs on a community forum which is open to all, briefly criticising a highly propagandist Amazon.com book review, and liking some Facebook posts.

He also appears to assume that everything I say is untrue - that is highly foolish behaviour.

This is the thread he dare not join. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&p=43281#p43281

It's possible that Bob's latest stunt might not backfire in the way that it deserves to. But only if those who like his Facebook posts and blog posts are stupid people.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringo ... l#comments
YECs should examine this. It's written by someone who was once a YEC - and is STILL a Christian as far as I know.

Tonight I 'liked' two out of four posts by BG on Sorensen's Facebook page. Sorensen then told BG "I think you're here just to spout off your excuses for hating God". And YEC Don Batten has reached for the easy answer here: http://creation.com/time-eternity-creation that the critic is 'anti-Christian' (I was about to check whether Batten's intolerant - and biblically-inspired - response makes any kind of sense in context when I discovered Sorensen's latest dishonest online comments about me).

One of the BG posts I 'liked' read as follows: "Ive looked into the bibles past, and its history is full of governments and political leaders using it for their own purposes, and possibly even changing it around; thats been in my mind for a while now. If we cant trust NASA or well educated scientist than why should we trust the bible? Ive been trying to hold my faith honestly....but personally I think I should move on. I respect your stance tho".

THIS is the sort of thing that Sorensen is calling 'foolish', 'illogical' or 'hateful' (I'm not claiming I agree with every word). But this is how some YECs view those who challenge their pronouncements. They say, in effect, "if you disagree with me you hate God".

For the record, I have consistently told the truth about Bob Sorensen.

That is what rattles him.

It is very revealing that instead of defending his conduct, or demonstrating any inaccuracies on my part - either at the BCSE Community Forum or by public/private email - he chooses INSTEAD to tell lies about me 'behind my back'.

It is with reluctance that I need to send yet another email reporting on Mr Sorensen's online lies about me.

He should have learnt by now that his 'unChristian' behaviour is not doing him any good!

Ashley Haworth-Roberts"

PS to any BCSE critics who think I should just ignore Sorensen's antics. Defending myself against Bob's foolish lies is both easy and very rewarding. And, yes, his latest lie about me is very annoying.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:12 am

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bob_Sorensen (I think that some or all of this is new)
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 am

I have attempted to send the following message to Facebook, via email:

"I have tried to contact you to send you the following message (in the light of the preceding email message, to Bob Sorensen aka Soldier315 aka The Question Evolution Project, shown just below):
"Please see here: http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman "Note to all: Since Ashley Haworth-Roberts is a cowardly troll without the courage of his convictions, giving a "Like" to comments that are foolish, illogical, hateful and so forth, it is an automatic death sentence for the comments from now on. He said that he was banned from this Page, yet created his account *after* he made that lie. He cannot be bothered to actually comment himself."
Please note that as well as defamatory these Facebook comments by Bob Sorensen are mostly untrue - and he knows it. Please advise by email - what are my rights here? I do not want to start posting on his or other Facebook pages. The fact is that, as I have previously told Bob, I have never ever used Facebook to make comments. He cannot prove otherwise with reference to 'The Question Evolution Project'. His claim that he banned me is a total lie. http://www.facebook.com/ashley.haworthroberts"

However, I had problems with the Facebook report form. I unintentionally indicated that I wished to report the WHOLE page entitled 'The Question Evolution Project'. That is NOT so. I ONLY wish to report his lying comments made three hours' ago, which are shown in the attached photograph.

This message is being copied to Mr Sorensen.

Mr Ashley Haworth-Roberts"
a_haworthroberts

YEC Bob Sorensen - UNREPENTANT LIAR

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Further cc'd message to BS about his BS:

"Unrepentant liar Bob Sorensen is digging his heels in on 'The Question
Evolution Project'/'Piltdown Superman'. He thinks he is 'untouchable'.
Please will Facebook LOOK at this.
http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman

Somebody has wisely told Bob:
"I do not think name-calling is a worthy instrument for spreading a
message, and would advise you to take an unemotional and mature
approach to the subject at hand. If anyone is a coward, they will
continue to do a coward's business, and it is best to let it be and not
make a show of it. Just stick to teaching the truth, regardless of
obstacles."

Bob has replied as follows (to another person whose post, which I did
not see, has been censored):
"I didn't see your comment because it was auto-hidden for some
profanity. Let's see...
The guy complained that he was banned. He was not on the ban list, so
I have no idea why he said that. The day that a Weblog post was made
about this, he created an account. Since he has a huge ego and loves to
have his name spread around the Internet, I doubt that he was posting
and was banned under a different name.
We have rules in the "About" section, and sometimes we bend them. Some
people are outright trolls and get banned without hesitation. Others
get warnings and are scrammed when they persist. (There are some Pages
that are so strict, there are almost no comments there from anyone!)
Also, we have several Admins, and I trust their discretion.
-CBB"

THIS IS LIES. I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT BEING BANNED ANYWHERE ON
FACEBOOK NEVER MIND ON SORENSEN'S PAGE - BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER POSTED
ANYTHING ANYWHERE ON FACEBOOK. I TOLD MR SORENSEN ON 12 SEPTEMBER WHY I
CREATED A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT (MESSAGE FORWARDED TO FACEBOOK, COPIED TO
BOB ONLY, EARLIER TODAY) - IT WAS SO I COULD READ YEC AND OTHER FACEBOOK
PAGES, NOT BECAUSE I HAD ANY INTENTION OF POSTING ON THEM.

I HAVE NEVER POSTED ON FACEBOOK - UNDER MY OWN NAME OR ANY ASSUMED
NAME.

If Bob is a genuine Christian he should withdraw his false accusation
against me dated 29 December.

If he STOPS lying about me I will STOP sending further emails about
his behaviour. But - based on his behaviour so far - it seems it is HE
who cannot resist prolonging our dispute and trying to gain 'kudos'
from his invisible Facebook followers.

If I was really a 'troll' I would have posted comments on Sorensen's
Facebook page. I have NOT.

But he is obsessed with me because I have liked SOME posts on his
Facebook page criticising his aggressive comments or his science
denial.

THIS, FURTHER, EMAIL IS BEING ADDED HERE: http://forums.bcseweb.org.
uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=30

If Bob was really interested in the FULL story, he would reference
this thread on his Facebook page. But he doesn't.

Mr A Haworth-Roberts
PS If other YECs are tired of hearing about Mr Sorensen's online
behaviour, perhaps they should have a quiet online word with him? He is
rejecting what IV is saying but perhaps he will listen to a
YEC with more 'clout'?
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists