The next phase for creationists in the UK?

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:40 pm

tubataxidriver wrote:Peter Loose anyone?

Possibly a relation of Leonard Loose, one of the founder members of the Evolution Protest Movement (later Creation Science Movement). Leonard Loose died a couple of years or so back - he was about 96 years old so i'd guess that Peter Loose would be his grandson. we.ve got details of Leonard Loose on our wiki.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby guthrie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Ha ha!

I'm back.

Now the pillocks* have resurfaced with a slick media presentation in Edinburgh's evil nemesis, Glasgow, what can we do? I note they are promoting well know liar Behe, but apart from that have nothing else on their website that i can find.

*thats how we spell it round here
guthrie

Postby cathy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:06 pm

It's a website thats going for ultra cool minimalism in a big way. Think it's due to lack of coherent content rather than stylishness though.
cathy

Postby guthrie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 pm

It would be nice to know how much they have been paying for their website design.
guthrie

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:06 pm

guthrie wrote:Ha ha!

I'm back.

Hi Guthrie - where have you been?
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:18 pm

guthrie wrote:Ha ha!
I'm back.
Hi, long time!
Now the pillocks* have resurfaced with a slick media presentation in Edinburgh's evil nemesis, Glasgow,
Hmm, neatly distanced from their alter egos in the Edinburgh Creation Group, when you think about it.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby guthrie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Hello everyone. Well, the creationists seemed to settle down, I was busy at work, then ill, then made redundant when the recession hit, been back at uni and am now back home working on what to do next, so when I saw the usual suspects were busy in Glasgow I thought I'd pop back in and see what they were up to. How's everyone else getting on then?

Obviously Behe seems rather important to them. It does remind me of the sort of not so mainstream Christian stuff that you see advertised, as in "See the great preacher X all the way over from somewhere in the USA". Is creationism cleaving more closely to its religious roots? As much as they deny it, it seems to be. Has anyone heard from Fuller recently?
guthrie

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 pm

guthrie wrote:Hello everyone. Well, the creationists seemed to settle down, I was busy at work, then ill, then made redundant when the recession hit, been back at uni and am now back home working on what to do next, so when I saw the usual suspects were busy in Glasgow I thought I'd pop back in and see what they were up to. How's everyone else getting on then?

Obviously Behe seems rather important to them. It does remind me of the sort of not so mainstream Christian stuff that you see advertised, as in "See the great preacher X all the way over from somewhere in the USA". Is creationism cleaving more closely to its religious roots? As much as they deny it, it seems to be. Has anyone heard from Fuller recently?

The fundamentalists are desperately trying to hide from the public that their position is religious but C4ID is dripping in religion. It's coming out of every orifice. Fuller is stil active in defending ID but I suspect that he has seriously damaged his career and credibility. BCSE is pretty stable these days. C4ID is the biggest development we've faced for some 4 years or so but I thhink we can take it in our stride. We suspect that Truth in Science is basically dead. The Discovery Institute has done what rats all know to do - desert the sinking ship.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby guthrie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote: BCSE is pretty stable these days. C4ID is the biggest development we've faced for some 4 years or so but I thhink we can take it in our stride. We suspect that Truth in Science is basically dead. The Discovery Institute has done what rats all know to do - desert the sinking ship.

Good good. I havn't been around much precisely because there didn't seem much to do, so now they're apparently gearing up to try something else, I'll be keeping an eye on them.
guthrie

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:06 pm

I spotted this - apparently there's a loophole in the Scottish education system: http://www.secularism.org.uk/124231.html
a_haworthroberts

Postby guthrie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:11 pm

At least it gives an address to write to. I might just start writing...
(The link in the previous post has one, that is)
guthrie

Postby BalbKubrox » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 am

Leonard Loose died a couple of years or so back - he was about 96 years old so i'd guess that Peter Loose would be his grandson. we.ve got details of Leonard Loose on our wiki.

If they're related then Peter Loose - now about 68 - is more probably his son. Obviously a family-run business.
BalbKubrox

Postby BalbKubrox » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:53 am

Leonard Loose died a couple of years or so back - he was about 96 years old so i'd guess that Peter Loose would be his grandson. we.ve got details of Leonard Loose on our wiki.

If they're related then Peter Loose - now about 68 - is more probably his son. Obviously a family-run business.
BalbKubrox

Postby Brian Jordan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Difficult to confirm, without visiting Somerset House or wherever such things are kept these days. However, there was a young lady from Ryde, who wrote
Today has marked the end of a generation for the Loose family and there are many wonderful things to be remembered. Memories that extend beyond my family. Dr Leonard Loose 1911-2007
So what? Well her home town was Chelmsford where Peter Loose lives.
http://www.myspace.com/annaelizabeth78
Slender evidence, but there it is for what it's worth.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:04 pm

The plot thickens - and the tree branches. Leonard Loose appears to have had a grandson named Peter, born in 1980. He's a trawlerman in Norfolk.
http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/ ... hoto=62664
CfID's Peter has four children - I suppose one of them could have been named Peter if they were thinking dynastically, or maybe he's a nephew.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Free For All