Another attack upon scientific understanding

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Another attack upon scientific understanding

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 am

Three biblical creationist fundamentalists put on their 'biblical glasses', invoked a fictional event, and became anti-science fantasists (again):
https://creation.com/jurassic-coast-ico ... esis-flood
a_haworthroberts

Re: Another attack upon scientific understanding

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Bigot Bob thinks everyone who won't swallow his guff is a 'bigot'.

However this 'bigot' backs up his claims with convincing evidence. Unlike the other one.

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2017/12 ... -noah.html
"They also hate the Flood because not only does geology support creationary models ..."

It does NO such thing.
https://www.facebook.com/The-GeoChristi ... 031042432/
"Here is my standard answer to those who say, "The physical evidence for Noah's flood is all about us."
===============================
No it is not.
Ken Ham likes to say, "You see, if there really was a global Flood, like the Bible says, we should find billions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth. And that is exactly what we find!" But this is nonsense, as the rock and fossil record that we see is nothing like what we would see if it were formed by a global cataclysmic flood.
If Noah's flood were responsible for the fossil record (and the Bible never claims that it was), we should see a considerable amount of chaos. Instead there is an order and consistency that young-Earth creationism cannot explain. In undisturbed rocks (no folding or faulting), the fossil record always occurs in the order Cambrian-Ordovician-Silurian-Devonian..., and never in some mixed up order, such as Triassic-Silurian-Jurassic-Permian. Always and without exception. Furthermore, one never finds Miocene mammals or plants in Mississippian rocks, or Cretaceous critters in Cambrian rocks. One would expect a global flood (which I don't believe the Bible requires) to produce a certain amount of mixing, and this mixing does not occur.
Young-Earth creationists acknowledge that this order occurs by devising all sorts of explanations for this order, but they all fail.
-- Pre-flood ecological zoning -- This does not explain why there are abundant terrestrial layers in the earlier rocks, and abundant marine layers in more recent rocks. In addition, this would require that organisms be held in some sort of bubble for long periods during the flood, and these bubbles would always be deposited during the flood in a consistent order.
-- Hydrodynamic sorting -- This does not explain why marine reptiles (Mesozoic) are never found with marine mammals.
-- Differential mobility -- Did mice outrun dinosaurs? Did oak trees outrun Pennsylvanian tree ferns?
-- Floating debris mats -- Why did Pennsylvanian debris mats all get deposited at just the right time, and Cenozoic debris mats also all get deposited at just the right time?
YEC flood geology is a complete failure for these and many more reasons. I have said nothing about limestone, shale, volcanism, metamorphism, erosion, glaciation, or a long list of other topics that do not work in the flood geology model.
It is not found in the Bible, it does not work, it should not be taught to our youth, and it should not be used as Christian apologetics as a witness to a skeptical world."

A 'miraculous' event such as a 'global flood' would still (a) be recorded in human history and (b) leave behind evidence in the geological column and (according to YEC ideologues) the fossil record. That's a double failure.

Unless of course God WANTS people not to believe in a global flood?
a_haworthroberts

Re: Another attack upon scientific understanding

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 pm

And the reason I am banned from this page is because I keep on 'proving Bob right again' (but his crazed fans must come to this page instead to see me 'proving him right again'):
https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman/
a_haworthroberts

Return to Free For All